Sunday 27 February 2011

Editing the photos for Film Website



Firstly I 'messed around' with the 'curves' of the image so that the silhouette would stand out more against the background.
Secondly, the title, and the menu bars were placed on top. I decided that the 'HOME' should be in red, as it is the present location on the site.
I wanted the 'facebook sharing' idea which I had seen on other sites, so I incorporated that in too. The original Weatherprint Pictures text was too big, and I made that smaller when I put it on the website. Afterall, the typical font size on a website is just 11px, and the text was a huge 30px, which looked silly.
The first draft of the site looked a little bare.
I then decided on putting the rating, and additional links for the MPAA and terms of use. These are common features of websites, so it seemed a good idea to put these in.
Then I realised that the menu words were far too big. Even though they were meant to stand out, they were dominating the page, and that was no the original intention.
I then changed the size and added the rating and bottom links:

(click to enlarge)
I wanted to show what would happen if you were to 'rollover' the videos section and select something, as it's difficult to describe. The video section and other sections like images, would all have this subsection opening allowing the user to access smaller sections of the site.

I also wanted to see what would happen if they did click on trailers and a page popped up with the trailer:

I looked at typical video players. All of them had the time, a play bar, pause and play button (all one button), an enlarge button and a sound button. Therefore, I used these in my player. I also added a 'X' so the player can be closed. The 'buffering' is typical of a video player and in red it looks dramatic and creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment