Sunday 27 February 2011

Drafts of Film Website


The first draft (the one with the feet if this is unclear), is a basic design that has two bloody footprints. The footprints and the hand of the poster linking together. The trailer is visible as this is a common feature of a website. A news index was also placed so that fans could be kept up-to-date with recent news.

The second draft (this one is not intentionally cut off, my scanner failed many times to scan completely), is similar to the first draft however I decided to experiment with the menu bar this time. I incorporated hands into this draft so it again would fit in with the hand idea in my poster.

The third draft looks at the idea of a main image with the menu bar underneath (like with the Battle:Los Angeles website). The text I want to stand out on a black background, which is what I found often with other film websites as it gives a dramatic effect. The title and the company logo must remain the same to the poster.

The last draft has the same features as the first two with the trailer embedded in the homepage. However, I decided to add a countdown feature which I have found to be included -not always-in some official film websites. The countdown can help spread 'excitement' about the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment